What we stand for
Key Club is an international student-led organization which provides its members with opportunities to provide service, build character and develop leadership.
To develop competent, capable, and caring leaders through the vehicle of service.
The core values of Key Club International are leadership, character building, caring and inclusiveness.
I pledge, on my honor, to uphold the Objects of Key Club International; to build my home, school and community; to serve my nation and God; and combat all forces which tend to undermine these institutions.
Caring–Our Way of Life
- To develop initiative and leadership.
- To provide experience in living and working together.
- To serve the school and community.
- To cooperate with the school principal.
- To prepare for useful citizenship.
- To accept and promote the following ideals:
- To give primacy to the human and spiritual, rather than to the material values of life.
- To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
- To promote the adoption and application of higher standards in scholarship, sportsmanship and social contacts.
- To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive, and serviceable citizenship.
- To provide a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render unselfish service and to build better communities.
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which makes possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism and good will.
What we do
Key Club International is the high school organization sponsored by Kiwanis International. Key Club assists Kiwanis in carrying out its mission to serve the children of the world. High school student members of Key Club perform acts of service in their communities, such as cleaning up parks, collecting clothing and organizing food drives. They also learn leadership skills by running meetings, planning projects and holding elected leadership positions at the club, district and international levels.
Key Club International brings together all Key Club's members' efforts and energies into an area that makes an international impact through the Major Emphasis Program, "Children: Their Future, Our Focus.” The Major Emphasis Program (MEP) unites Key Clubs under the banner of service that deals with the most important part of our community, our youth.
The Key Club service initiative is the hands-on element of the MEP and is created on a two-year basis. All of the hands-on service provided to children by Key Club International members is directed to a single area of need, to make a substantial impact. The current service initiative, Live 2 Learn, focuses on the personal development and social interaction of children. Key Club members can help them learn through mentoring, making friends and working together.
Each year, Key Club International teams up with its three partner organizations, March of Dimes, Children’s Miracle Network and UNICEF, for the fundraising element of the MEP. As you plan your club’s service programming for the year, keep these organizations in mind. Each Key Club is encouraged to participate with our partners as we join together to make a difference in the lives of children.